I managed to finish a new project!
As some of you know I’m very good at starting new projects… not so good at finishing them. This time, however, I’ve actually done it! I came up with a new project, started doing it, and have now actually finished it!
At the office we have some hardware with a serial port and we needed to see what kind data was sent from the hardware. Initially I thought that that would be easy as there should be many simple tools for this on the internet. I was wrong. We downloaded a lot of different tools, but none worked. After a while we finally found one that worked, but that only had a trial version (which sufficed for our quick debugging).
Seeing as this kind of software shouldn’t really be that hard to find I decided to make my own. I also thought this could be a nice exercise in using some frameworks I don’t have enough experience with.
So I present to you: Open Serial Port Monitor